Monday, November 9, 2009

Snow and a Show

Well I guess I can start talking about Christmas now
because it snowed here the other day (just a little)
and I had my first holiday show yesterday.
The show was hosted by my friend Kathy Vantreese
the talented artist and owner of Cold Nose Productions

and her crazy sidekick the ever elegant yet odd Madame Stella.
Stella arrived late and by the looks of it I think she had already been dipping into the eggnog
a bit earlier.
Oh Stella
!


Kathy is currently working on her new website
and I have been trying to get her blogging, we'll have to wait and see.
So until she does I will share some photos of her work and provide her email,
coldnose@charter.net just in case you see something you must have for the holidays.
She salvages wool blankets and sweaters,
felts them and turns them into fun and festive creations.
Such as:
Embellished gloves, patched pockets for sunglasses or cell phones,
decorative pillows,


and these super fun felted garlands, that sold like crazy:)!
She also makes rag rugs, felted stuffties and Christmas trees.
Her work is happy and homey with a touch of nostalgia,
truly a delight.

The sweet little plaid flower brooches are the handy work of my talented friend Mary Kushner.
Are these not the cutest, I just love plaid!

Here is a close up.

If you want one or a "bunch":) let me know and I will put you in touch with Mary.

Kathy had me set up my display in the front of the shop with the window as my backdrop.
It was a lovely bright day and my ornaments glistened in the sunshine.
The Perfect setting to introduce some of my new pieces...
A new garland in a Scottie dog theme
New mitten ornaments,


and new wall tiles, take a close look at the ribbon.
Hand made out of a muslin strip embellished with paint and word stamps!

I love how this turned out I think this would be so sweet for a child's first Christmas or an adorable addition to a nursery.


And cottagie fish in fun colors.




The show was a great success and so much fun!
Just what I needed to get me in holiday motion.
My next show is the day after Thanksgiving at our high school in Indian River.
So the next few weeks are going to be a paper mache marathon!


I have more new pieces to share but I have to get some house projects done and packages ready for the mail so that's all for now my dears:)
I can't wait to settle in with a cup of tea later tonight and visit with all of you via blogland.
xoxo,
Mary

9 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Such fun things to look at, Mary! I love your new things...especially the fish ornaments and "Believe". So beautiful, my friend.
Have a great week.
xoxo
Donna

Silke Powers said...

Fun, fun, fun Mary!! This is starting to get me in the Holiday spirit and that's not so easy - usually I don't get there until after Thanksgiving...

I love that dog garland and the blieve ornament! Beautiful!!

Glad you had a great time! Hugs, Silke

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love Kathy's work and of course I love yours! What a fun show. I wish I could have been there to see everything up close.
Can't believe you had snow already. Burrrr...
bunny hugs,
shell

Cindy said...

Looks like it was a great show and I'm glad it was a success! Always love the whimsy of your work, so fun! Looks beautiful!

-c
yapping cat

Unknown said...

Thanks for you Christmas Inspiration! Your pieces are fantastic and Kathy's felt work is lovely as well. Thank you for your kind words!
Happy Happy blessings,
Micah

noodle and lou said...

oh gosh i adore her stuff mary! just great!! thanks for sharing!! xoxo

Unknown said...

This post was just plain YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY to my eyes!!!!

julie king said...

wow, mary, your work just keeps growing and getting better and better. loving it all!!!!

Alisa Noble said...

What lovely wares from everyone!